Saturday, 6 April 2013

Work in Progress

Mother's day card. 2013. Got glue everywhere !


The story so far. Starting on the sandy bottom in the corners. Have put the border on the bottom so can go over the edges. ps to self about tidying up that desk ?

Butterfly stitch couching holding down a net that had lemons in it. Does this look like seaweed ? Too bad, this is art lol :-)

Attempt at making cast on stitch scallop shells. Note, using alternating directions for the loops like macramé makes them lest twisty.

Knotted feather stitch seaweed.  Hmmm. I'm learning all the time. Needed a bit more bend to shape the rock a bit more. Not going to undo it tho, this is supposed to be playing.

Not sure what creature this is, but it's made with whipped wheel over a big bead. The beads are on the wheel right at the beginning. Wool is new to me. Interesting.
Drizzle stitch hermit crab eyes. Made me giggle anyway. Looped in alternate directions like macramé so they're not twisted.

4 comments:

  1. Those crab eyes are just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I like that underwater scene with all the sea plants and creatures that lurk here and there. I'll try alternating the loop direction on the cast on and drizzle stitches, sounds interesting. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you. i've worked out from this weeks tast that it's like up and down stitch.x

      Delete

Hiya, Thanks for coming here. I enjoy your comments. xx Liz xx